Friday, November 18, 2011

DIY Network (Website) Stars

Do you all remember the cottage headboard that we built for my parents a couple of months? (If not, you can read about it here!)

How to build a Cottage Headboard, DIY, DIY Network

How to build a Cottage Headboard, DIY, DIY Network

The DIY Network contacted us back in August wanting to know if we were interested in building a headboard to be featured on their website.  We didn’t have a need for another headboard. My parents, however, did…so we took them up on their offer!

The experience was a fun one!   It was fun to work with my parents on transforming their room.  Nate enjoys building and designing furniture.  (He just doesn’t like when I mention it.  Oops.)  Putting the tutorial together was pretty easy.  The only hard part was not telling you all for a few months while we waited for the contract to go through.  I’m not good with secrets but I didn’t want to jinx anything.  Superstitious much?

Be sure to head over and check out the tutorial! Let us know what you think!  My mom is pretty excited that her headboard is now famous.  I’m with her on this one!

19 comments:

  1. So awesome for you to be asked to do that, the head board is wonderful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool! Congratulations! I'll be sure to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're famous!!

    BTW, I'm from Davenport and I keep expecting to see you out at the Salvation Army or JoAnn Fabrics! If I do see you, I swear I won't be too creepy!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool! What a great opportunity for you guys! I love the headboard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The headboard is very nice. I just read your comment about ike..and liter box trained.this is a secret you must share. how? winter is approaching quickly.I did not know you could liter box train a terrier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks awesome. Since Nate is such a handyman, can I place an order for mine? Just kidding...NOT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dr., designer, builder...is there anything you can't do?! :) So happy for you! On my way to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, you're kinda a big deal. I love that headboard, and we need one for our room (oh heeeey, our box spring is still sitting directly on the floor!). Maybe I can convince the hubs to build this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cool! The bed is STYLED so well! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing job you 2 and congrats on the feature. How exciting for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats, this is amazing! I love your easy to follow tutorial and of course, still love the headboard!

    ReplyDelete
  12. congratulations Michelle!!! that's seriously amazing :). i feel like i know a star!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! That's so neat! Good job on the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats to you and you husband. The headboard actually looks so much more difficult to do than your instructions show. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You two are so fancy! I will need autographs, please. But seriously, that is AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi! I saw your tutorial on the DIY site and followed the link here. Just wanted to say thanks for the great design and easy instructions! I spent several hours shopping for a headboard like this before giving up and doing a DIY search. So glad I did! This is EXACTLY the headboard I've been wanting and making it myself will save me enough money to pick up some new nightstands, too! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a great idea! I was looking for something fairly easy and it looks like I may have found it. Would you happen to remember how much the project cost you total? I want to do some other things in my bedroom as well, but I'm also a school teacher on a budget. I would greatly appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My blog has moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address.

If that does not occur, please visit http://www.decorandthedog.net'.