Thursday, November 17, 2011

Muffin Top

I love the phrase muffin top.  It just one of those phrases that never fails to make me smile.

Today is our Thanksgiving Potluck at work.  I decided to bring breakfast so last night I whipped up two types of muffins (and their tops).

135pn

Top row: 3 ingredient Muffins

    • 1 package chocolate chip cake mix, 1 can pumpkin, 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice. (Okay, 4 ingredient…powdered sugar on top.  Powdered sugar makes everything look and taste better.) (Thanks, Cait!)

140pn

Bottom row: Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins from Baked Perfection

141pn

Nate and I taste tested both.  They are both delicious and super easy to make.  I think I baked both in under an hour.

Ike is usually impartial to human food on the counter but he would not leave the Donut Muffins alone.  Always good to get the dog’s approval!

142pn

What’s your favorite muffin recipe?  What phrase makes you smile every time you hear it?

And for all of you wondering, the farmhouse table will be revealed on Monday!! Woo hoo!!

14 comments:

  1. it's easy to love that phrase when you don't have one, sweetie.... i for one do NOT like that phrase at this moment in time....
    and i made muffins last night! i have a classic old chocolate chip muffin recipe i have used since i was a kid. they never fail me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your donut muffins are making my mouth water! I'm not a huge muffin eater, but if I could have one right now, I'd definitely want a banana-walnut muffin. I can't get enough of walnuts these days.

    And my favorite phrase? "It's finally Friday." My fave radio station plays the same song every Friday at 5, and I just love to be in the car and hear that phrase. Oh, when will Friday be here again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get that adorable sweater? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Old Navy last year. I wish I would have purchased one in every color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charlie is good about not begging too, however one time he ate a cake ball and didn't feel well for a few days. The muffins look delicious,i myself like the tops the best, sometimes only eating the tops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm, Mmmm, GOOD!!! I am definitely eyeing *both* of those muffins and thinking I totally wouldn't mind them giving me a muffin top, they look delish! (c:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um, those look amazing. I haven't met a muffin I didn't like...wait, I take that back...bran muffins I can do w/out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad the muffins turned out ok! I need to try the doughnut muffin recipe! I think I saw you pin it right before I made my muffins last weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to try that doughnut muffin recipe!!

    Favorite phrase...I'd have to think about that. I can eliminate "you're sick," which my students use a lot. As in, some girl was screwing around on the computer so I made her handwrite her essay; according to many of my male students, the correct response to this girl and her punishment is "You're feeling sick!"

    I don't understand.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We explained the term "muffin top" to my mother in law the other day. That was a funny conversation. How do you stay so skinny with all the treats you bake?

    ReplyDelete
  11. The chocolate chip ones sound like my cup of tea! Thanks for the recipe! The easier, the better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha. Thanks, I wish I could have purchased one in every color too! It looks adorable on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Muffin top just makes me think of Jenna's song on 30Rock...

    My muffin top is all that; whole grain low fat;
    I know you want a piece of that, but I'm just here to dance!

    Ike looks like you better keep those muffins under lock and key. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My blog has moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address.

If that does not occur, please visit http://www.decorandthedog.net'.