Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Blog Updates & a Tip

What do you do when you are stuck spending four days on the couch with a sinus infection from H-E-Double Hockey Sticks?  Besides whine to your dog and husband? You update your blog tabs.  That’s what you do.

image

I updated the Home Projects, Photography/Blog Tips, Crafty Things, and Recipes tabs.  I also added the Travel tab.  Click around.  See if you have missed anything important.

Maybe your dog needs a tie for your holiday photos?

Maybe you missed the hard hitting posts where I organized my spice racks or used burlap as wallpaper.

Maybe you need a good recipe for the week.  The photo of Cheeseburger Cups looks disgusting but trust me, they are tasty!  (It’s funny to look at the difference in our photography for the earlier posts compared to the current posts. I hope we’ll be saying the same thing in a year.)

Important Tip #1:  Here’s an important tip for those of you just starting out blogging.  Start your tabs/static pages now!  Seriously.  Don’t be like me thinking you will eventually do it.  You’ll be sitting at home on a sick day 2 years from now wishing you hadn’t been a slacker.  Static pages make it easier for readers to see what you’ve been up to.  (Learn how to make your own using Blogger here.)

Important Tip #2:  inlinkz made this update so much easier.  I broke down and bought the subscription ($20 for the year).  I am a weirdo about spending money on this blog.  The only money I have previously spent is $5 for photo storage (which you are basically forced to do.) This subscription is totally worth the money. 

image

I was trying to mess with code before. I know very little about coding.  It’s just not my jam.  (Unlike Reese’s Pieces.  They are my jam.)  It’s the site a lot of bloggers use for hosting link parties.  But you can also use to it organize your projects page.  Who knew??  It’s very user friendly.  You enter you’re the address for your blog post.  It pulls the pictures from that post.  You crop the photo, add your title and you are done.  You can edit the page information at any time.  Me likey.  I might even host a link party. Who knows.

Speaking of parties. Check back tomorrow for a big announcement.  Ooooooo, the suspense!

Did you find any fun posts that you missed?  Are you an organized blogger?  Just starting out?  Reese’s Pieces fan?  Pumped for the big announcement?

***Don’t forget to enter the giveaway for Ana White’s book, The Handbuilt Home. Enter here!***

16 comments:

  1. Nice! I've been putting this off because I didn't know how to do it and playing around with the code pretty much sounded torturous. Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good tips! I'm still in the beginning stages of blogging (especially photography-wise) and so I'm building up my library of projects and recipes. I love the way your Home Projects tab looks now (haven't explored the others yet)--it makes it so easy to find things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Inlinkz looks awesome...i need to get my butt into gear and do some organizing myself. I'm hoping I can skip the sinus infection though :( Hope you're feeling a ton better asap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job with the InLinkz. Way to be productive while you're diseased.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I may need to shell out the $20 for this. Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look great! I need to get back to working on mine. You are so right about doing them early and updating them throughout. It's such a pain to go back through four years of crap. Plus, ugh, some of my first pictures? Horrific.

    ReplyDelete

  7. i need to check out the organizer thing. I am a hot mess along with my hoarding pile of a blog. Thanks for the help girl! Hope you're finally feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe you are still sick :(. Those horse pills better start working soon, I guess I must have catched something from you thru your blog, because I feel yucky as well. You know I love your blog tips, I've bothered you enough about all of this, but do you have something for motivation, because I have none ;). Rest up, and I can't wait till tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a brilliant idea. I'm just getting back to blogging (I fell WAY off the bandwagon after having a child) and have been trying to reorganize things. I have static pages already, but I never thought to use them for these purposes. Thanks for the tip! Would love if you visited me at http://seven-one-six.blogspot.com

    Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really need to do this! I'm so behind on mine, but it's such a pain in the butt! Definitely going to have to put a little Christmas money into getting InLinkz because that looks WAY easier! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So neat and organized! I hope you are feeling better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My blog is a mess, and I really need to update a lot of things. I will check out that Inlinkz thing.
    I love Reese pieces more than the peanut butter cups, but I can eat both.
    I'm looking forward to this big announcement!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the tips!!! Also, is it a baby surprise?! You weren't supposed to drink the water!! Can't wait to check back tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great tip on inlinkz. I love the help idea for a project page. I may have to break down and get that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I tend to over-analyze the static pages. I feel like I'm making a commitment on a subject that I might not actually write about a lot. I think that is why I procrastinate on that so much. I need to spend more time with my blog. Man, you pegged me good.

    And yes, Reese's anything is definitely my jam. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohhhhh, I need to check out that InLinkz! It sounds perfect for me! Thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My blog has moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address.

If that does not occur, please visit http://www.decorandthedog.net'.