Wednesday, August 1, 2012

House Tour- Kitchen

***Our house tour page is in desperate need of an update.  This will be good for those of you new around these parts.  I’m going to try to do a room a week.  This way those of you that have been reading for awhile won’t be horribly bored…and I’m a giant slacker and a room a week is about my pace these days.  But really it’s for the readers.***

Introducing our kitchen, 2012 style.

DecorandtheDogKitchen1

DecorandtheDogKitchen2

DecorandtheDogKitchen3

DecorandtheDogKitchen5

DecorandtheDogKitchen4

Room Info

  • Wall color: Svelte Sage (Sherwin Williams)
  • Cabinets: Woodland/Provincial doors/Ivory
  • Island Pendants: Barn Light Electric Bermuda Pendants/Satin Steel
  • Stools:  HomeMakers
  • Granite: Epic stone/Black
  • Fridge: GE profile, french door
  • Cook top: Whirlpool
  • Oven/microwave: GE
  • Dishwasher: Bosch
  • Kitchen Table: Built It
  • Kitchen chairs:  World Market Jackson Tub Chair
  • Wood Floor:  BR-111 Brazilian Cherry

One of the challenging things of being your own contractor is completing all of those finishing details. We were so burnt out for awhile that we just ignored things like unfinished trim work.  Once we regained some energy, we added the bead board to the island and crown molding to the cabinets.  I was super lucky and won a great giveaway from Barn Light Electric which allowed us to replace our too small pendant lights.  We still have plans for a backsplash.  I’m also on a hunt for the perfect kitchen stools which will better allow me to watch Nate cook supper.

I like looking back on the progress we’ve made in the kitchen.

KitchenEvolution

This concludes the tour of our kitchen.  Now I want a snack…

If you’re really bored, feel free to vote for our bedroom over at BHG.  Click here!  It’s an easy vote.  You’re the best!

24 comments:

  1. I heart your kitchen.

    And dude, I don't even have a house tour...at all. Blogger of the year award, right here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I voted for you!

    Svelte Sage. Teehee. Is there a Stout Sage on the same paint strip?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I reaaaally like those stools! Among everything else, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I voted for you buddy, so when you wn I've earned a portion of your winningd. M'mmkay?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love L.O.V.E. your kitchen!

    How I can tell you don't have kidlets:
    no line of kick marks on the beadboard in front of the stools, no grey/brown smear about elbow-height across the walls & cupboards, no juice stains on the floor, and no fingerprints on appliances & windows.

    The color from the glimpse into your dining room is wonderfully juxtaposed to your Svelte Sage. Thanks for the new tour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh, beautiful kitchen. I love it so much. It's amazing what a huge different the molding at the top of the cabinets and the new pendant lights make! It honestly looks fantastic. I'd like to do molding at the top of my kitchen cabinets, too, but to be honest, it's turning out that we (Jeff) aren't (isn't) that great at trim work. Ha. Fancy a visit to Salt Lake?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Svelte is easily one of my favorite words. Beautiful kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The new pendants make such a big difference! Me likey.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! that's all I can say... WOW! Your kitchen is my dream! ...
    and the brazilian cherry totally won my south american heart! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could stare at your kitchen all day!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your kitchen! It's so pretty! Can't wait to see what you do for the back splash!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just tried to vote for you but I can't even figure out what it wants me to enter in that answer box... wth? Am I an idiot? (Probably.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmmm? I'm sorry WHAT?! How did I miss you on BHG?!?!?!? I am dying! You are taking over! So excited for you!!!! OMG!!! I voted :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your kitchen.. I can't wait to see the whole home tour!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful. I love all the finished you picked, and I can't believe you built that table. Awesome =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh. I am in LOOOOOVVVEEEE with this kitchen! You guys have got it going on! Can't wait to see next weeks room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. i really love your kitchen. I know i have told you this many times, but it's just awesome. i think the barn light pendants and your table are my faves in the room. can't wait for the backsplash time to come!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I adore all your barn lights. I'm pretty sure our kitchen is in the same color family. I'm a fan!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My blog has moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address.

If that does not occur, please visit http://www.decorandthedog.net'.