It’s that time again. Time for the Pinterest challenge. The challenge to use Pinterest as a good source of inspiration and not as an evil time suck.
I decided to make a case for my Kindle. What else are you going to do with swollen lymph nodes? Might as well cut some fabric. Some lovely old lady floral fabric at that. I can’t tell you the name of it. I’ll call it “Elderly Lady Stash From My Sewing Room.” I think it was originally from Joann’s.
I have a lovely green cover for my Kindle but it’s only a cover. I want to use my Kindle more at the beach on our upcoming trip to Costa Rica. On previous beach trips I have found that the cover traps sand. It gets sunscreen on it while in the beach bag. Water bottles sweat all over it. General grossness. Hence my need for a case.
A case would involve a zipper. Yikes! Can I actually do this?
Oh, I did it.
I followed the directions found from this pin…
The instructions were easy to follow. As in, I sewed a zipper (for the first time) in a bag after 8 hours of working with a viral infection. That easy. The only modification I made was adding the strip of fabric on the front. Fancy pants.
It wasn’t meltdown free though. I broke my sewing machine needle. (I’m still unsure how I managed this.) I couldn’t get the screw loosened to replace the needle. I called Nate bawling. He didn’t care. Tax season. Blah. Blah. My sinus infection worsened. My lymph node swelling increased. I finally got the needle replaced. The dog was barking his silly little head off at his archnemesis (the poodle across the street). Barking is a new thing for Ike. I am not impressed. Sewing drama.
Even with all of that, I still completed the cover in around 1-1 1/2 hours. I’m killing this sewing stuff lately. I think I’ll make myself a dress. *knee slap*
Pretty old lady Kindle cover was totally worth it.