Do you have an Android phone, iPhone, or Blackberry? If not, I highly recommend a smart phone. I was totally against it. I was afraid of a phone being smarter than me (which mine is). I didn’t want to become one of those people who was always on their phone (and I am)….still totally worth it. My Samsung Mesmerize is like my tiny little child.
Why am I so in love with my phone? For calling people? What? You can do that? No, actually it’s the apps.
Nate ran across info on Sherwin-Williams ColorSnap app…isn’t he an awesome husband?
The free app allows you to:
- capture a color that inspires you and match it to one of 1,500 Sherwin-Williams paint colors.
- Create a custom palette or Ask Sherwin-Williams for colors that complement your color.
- Search for specific colors or browse the full Sherwin-Williams color palette right from your iPhone or Blackberry, or Android smart phone.
- Fine tune colors using lightness, saturation and hue features.
- Save colors to your "My Saved Colors" library to compare palettes or share via Facebook and email.
- Learn detailed color information, including color names, RGB values, and LRV numbers—all with the ColorSnap app.
- Find a Sherwin-Williams Store Near You
Pretty awesome, right? I feel like this will definitely come in handy!!
I tested it out in our house. I used my favorite pillow ever as a guinea pig…
After analyzing the color, the app came up with Golden Rule as the matching color.
I tried the app on our walls…which are all painted with Sherwin Williams paint. It did not match on any wall in our house. The glares/reflections/flash on the phone camera all probably play a role in affecting the results. Your phone camera may work better than mine..who knows!
After testing it out, I think it will be useful for matching accent colors….like using Golden Rule as an accent color on some frames in our guest bedroom. I wouldn’t rely on it for wall colors though!
Who else has a phone that is smarter than they will ever be? Any other thoughts on useful ideas for this app?