Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Living Room Update

I haven’t shared anything house related for awhile.  Lame.  What kind of DIY blogger am I?  Oh yes, one with a job. I remember now.

We are about one weekend (at home) away from finishing up our master bathroom.  Hooray for the longest project in history! We maybe should have started this one in the fall and not during the busy Summer months.  You live and you don’t learn.

I’m also working on a new blog design.  Nothing super fancy.  Just cleaner.  It will be finished in approximately the year 2099.  Look for it.

Part of the new blog design includes taking some updated house tour photos.  And maybe a video.  But let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

We snapped some photos of our living room in its current state.  Well, its current state with the added benefit of fluffed pillows and couch cushions.  Ike is anti-fluff.  I’m pretty sure he thinks his job is to smush pillows and cushions.  If that’s the case, dude needs a raise.

Wire Fox Terrier

Without further ado (and more nonsense on my part), here is our living room.  One of my favorite rooms in our house!

Two Story Living Room, Sherwin Williams Macadamia

I also think I need to do an updated post on the evolution of our rooms.  Write that down.  Remind me.

We have big plans for built-in cabinets and a fancy mantel.  We keep talking like that project will happen soon.  Which means probably about 2016. 

Two Story Living Room, Sherwin Williams Macadamia

Two Story Living Room, Sherwin Williams Macadamia

I bought that awesome olive lamp at Goodwill.  It was love at first sight. It’s the little things in life.

I asked Nate to photograph some angles that we don’t always show on the blog.  It’s hard.  The following is called “Your View If You Eat Breakfast With Nate, Ike and Michelle”. I promise bacon will be involved.

Two Story Living Room, Sherwin Williams Macadamia

Here’s some room info for you. Because that’s what all of the cool blogger kids do.

  • Wall color: Macadamia (Sherwin Williams)
  • Furniture: Ethan Allen Retreat sofa, love seat, and chair
    • I would hands down buy this set again.  It’s super comfy and has held up well.
  • Shelves: JCPenney Leaning Shelf
  • Coffee table and end table: American Furniture
  • Rug: RugsUSA
  • Accessories on shelves: thrift stores, Gordman's, gifts, TJMaxx, Marshall's

Who’s going to remind me of all of this stuff I should blog about?  What’s the favorite part of your living room?  Is your pet a pro-smusher?

16 comments:

  1. What a BEAUTIFUL room - all those windows !!!
    Love your wall colors - and your fireplace - and - well I love everything about it actually :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the room- so cozy! and i think builtins would look AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha Allegra also hates fluff. I love the look of your living room! It's simple in color and design yet it seems to be packed with interesting things to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have 3 pro-smushers here. And this time of year, they are also pro-leave-half-their-fur-behinders. :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll remind you if you remind me about all the posts/projects I need to work on!

    Blogging with a job is rough man!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like the rug and ike. they are my fav living room accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your living room is such a calm space. I love it. And I'm REALLY obsessed with the shelves. And for the record, my FAVORITE bloggers have real jobs. It makes me feel better about being slow at my own projects. Much more of a "real life" DIY inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh, your house is so gorgeous it kills me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I looove your living room. Doesn't look over done or messy. Just really nice and neat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tell me how you convinced your husband you need a rug on top of carpet? Mine just thinks its silly... I love how yours looks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! I love the rug on rug and your gleaming hardwood floors. I am excited for those built-ins; I hope you are still blogging in 2016 =)
    We have lived in our house 2.5 years and I haven't finished a single room (except the nursery), and that lamp was a stellar find!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your lamp! Amazing find at Goodwill :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad that I'm not the only one that hasn't shared anything home related lately ;)
    Love your living room and the lens that you took the pictures with. The pics turned out fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your mantle right now! Is that a box with hydrangeas in it? Are they real or fake? So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's beautiful! You're sloowly starting to add more color, aren't you? That lamp is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm grateful that I'm not the only one that hasn't distributed anything house relevant lately ;)
    Love your residing space area and the lens that you took the images with. The photos converted out fabulous!runescape gold for sale
    Billig Diablo 3 Gold

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My blog has moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address.

If that does not occur, please visit http://www.decorandthedog.net'.