Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Holiday Console Table

The mantel was my first holiday decorating victim.  Our console table was next.

Decor and the Dog Holiday Vignette 1

I went with a woodsy/red/black theme.  And snowflakes.  Snowflakes are like the winter version of owls for me.  Obsessed.  The crate in the center was a Salvation Army find and it will hold all of this year’s holiday cards.  I’m not big on holiday card displays.  I’d rather be able to flip through them.  And the crate is tidy.  I like tidy.

Decor and the Dog Vignette 2

I made the prints. I’m teaching myself to use Photoshop Elements. (I also am teaching myself how to use our DSLR. I took all of these photos with Nate’s 50mm and none of them are blurry. I seriously think the Mayans were right. I’m getting freaked out.) There are links to download the prints at the bottom of the post.

Reindeer Print from Decor and the Dog

I stuck this reindeer print on some burlap and placed it in a frame from Goodwill.  Cheap yet classy.  That’s how I roll.  (Classy people say stuff like that, right?)

One Red Reindeer Print from Decor and the Dog

The trees are from Hobby Lobby.  Santa, the mirror, the lantern, and the two frames are all from thrift stores.

I like the view as I come down our stairs each morning.  Man, I love Christmas.

Decor and the Dog Vignette from stairs

And because it’s the season of giving.  Free reindeer prints!  Just click the link below the print to download.

1redreindeer

One Red Reindeer

 

SantasReindeer

Santa's Reindeer

What’s your holiday decorating color scheme this year?  How do you display your holiday cards?

***FYI: I added a Holidays 2012 tab at the top of the blog for easy reference to all things holidays this month!***

Linking up to: Primitive and Proper, Southern Hospitality, A Thoughtful Place

30 comments:

  1. so cute! i love the symmetry of the trees on the ends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are SUCH a giving person. :) I think I need to print these out and put them on my mantle. My mantle isn't nearly as cool as yours and sadly my apartment is too little for a console table to I can't decorate it. I'm just living vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. And I love that you even like your holiday cards tidy. I think being in my home would give you a panic attack.

    I love love the printables. I'm a big fan of ol Rudy. Consider this printed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I love the prints, all framed and everything. Can I buy them from you please? :P Great display.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! And wonderful photography, I might add. I really like the printables, and the burlap matte is genius.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this display! The colours are perfect! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These prints are so cute! I bet I can find a place for them on a shelf...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great! I'm now searching my house desperately for a good spot for reindeer....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your display! That is so cute. I'm going for a sort of woodsy theme this Christmas, too--I love the natural elements. And we must have a Hobby Lobby connection . . . I came *this* close to buying those exact same trees. I bought the wispy twig wreath from your post the other day instead. And now you're making me regret not buying the trees. Dang it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable! Thanks for sharing the prints. I know my kids will enjoy them too. I had planned to display Christmas cards on a shutter this year, but my husband "shuttered" (bad pun intended) at the idea of paying $35 for an antique shutter labeled by him as a rotten piece of wood. Now I'm on a mission to find the right display.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the reindeer and the way you displayed everything. Love the use of red for rudolph :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! I think I have a snowflake problem too. I started wrapping presents last night and when I put them under the tree I noticed that all the wrapping paper has snowflakes on it. I need to buy some new paper.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is really cute and some great thrift store finds!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable. Thanks for sharing the prints!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love everything about this display! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your prints are adorable! Such a neat and festive idea. I have a festive caddy in which I store cards. I am in the process of bringing down all my holiday items - traditional color scheme, as usual, this year. Love the lantern, too - a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Christmas too. The burlap frame looks crazy awesome and expensive. Totally classy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm all about the free printables this year. Thanks! I just printed them out and put them on my bookshelf. I also printed out Nate's pic. Love it! Your table looks very festive. Where did you get the snowflakes?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super cute! I love those printables!

    I love waking up and seeing all of our Christmas decorations in the morning too and nothing beats sitting in the glow of the lights at night :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like. A lot. And it just so happens I have a red lantern of my very own. hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Haha. I hope they Mayas aren't right! Cute printables; thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love it! Love your style- it's so simple and yet still "festive" And good idea on the crate to corral holiday cards. I break into a sweat every time someone asks for our new address. I'm like, "oh really, you don't have to." Such a grinch!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. So cute! I love little spaces for vignettes that aren't so big that they are overwhelming. The console table looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is simply perfect! I love it.
    It makes me wish my red lantern survived the last move.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  25. your table is amazing. i love the theme...very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  26. these are so cute. you know i love reindeer. and this time i get to thank you for joining my party!

    ReplyDelete
  27. that reindeer printable is so stinkin' cute ... and I love those trees! Great table arrangement.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My blog has moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address.

If that does not occur, please visit http://www.decorandthedog.net'.