Sunday, September 23, 2012

Meal Plan- Week of 9/23/12

I’ve been doing awesome with meal planning.  Oh wait, that’s a lie. 

I have lots of excuses but I’ll save them for another day.  Today, this meal planning train is back on track.  Here we go…

Sunday: 

Chili and corn bread

IMG_20120923_181646

Monday: 

Parmesan Bow-Tie Skillet

  • 3 cups farfalle, cooked, drained
  • 1 jar (14oz.) spaghetti sauce
  • 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
  • 1 cup mozzarella cheese
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese

Combine pasta, spaghetti sauce, ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup of the mozzarella and 2 Tbsp. of Parmesan cheese in a large skillet or saucepan.

Cook on medium heat 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.

Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and remaining 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese; cover.  Let stand 5 minutes or until mozzarella cheese is melted.

Makes 4 servings ( 1 1/4 cups each).

Tuesday:

Kick Ball playoffs potluck.  Go team!

Wednesday:

Center cut slice of ham and mashed potatoes (made from scratch with potatoes from the parents’ garden).

Thursday:

Chicken and cheese ravioli (from Sam’s) with It's Ready Already Alfredo sauce.

20120923_194347

What are your favorite recipes?  Feel free to e-mail me at decorandthedog (at) gmail. I’ll be sure to mention/feature your blog if your recipe makes the meal plan list!

8 comments:

  1. We must have been on the same page today. I wrote up a meal plan for the first time in years. We'll see how this goes. Your dinners look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my FAVE. It's healthy but mostly just delicious. http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/02/crock-pot-santa-fe-chicken-425-pts.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm - I love corn bread! Joe and I use to map out our menus for the week but have been kind of slacking since he's back in school and I usually don't get home until 6:30-7pm every night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This choke is rattling telling and steadying I am hunting headlong for more nutritious and eudaemonia attendant message.

    Carmel Nakao

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go you for even doing this for one week! And I'll be over for dinner tonight...that sounds SO good! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I try to plan meals each week for grocery shopping- we fall off the wagon sometimes though! I have a few of my favourite recipes posted on my blog and they are all easy yet really delicious. Here are my two favs-

    slow cooker beef dip sandwiches- http://casa-de-christine.blogspot.ca/2011/08/slow-cooker-beef-dip-sandwiches.html

    And chicken gyros -
    http://casa-de-christine.blogspot.ca/2011/06/mmm-chicken-gyros.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've tried meal planning before, it was an utter failure. I work much better under pressure and off the cuff I think ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My blog has moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address.

If that does not occur, please visit http://www.decorandthedog.net'.