If you are my brother, stop reading this. Seriously. Stop. Come back tomorrow. The rest of you may continue.
It’s Dare to DIY time at NewlyWoodwards! This week’s challenge was to DIY a handmade gift.
I honestly don’t do a lot of handmade Christmas gifts. I’m always worried about how they will be received. Which is kind of silly beings I love them. It is what it is.
I do, however, know that my brother is making me something. I have a feeling it’s a painting or a drawing. I felt the need to reciprocate so I created this simple deer art…
My brother is an avid hunter. Deer silhouettes are shockingly (to me) a design trend. I went with it.
Here’s how you can make your very own deer art:
- Find a piece of leftover wood in the garage.
- Make your significant other cut it down to size.
- Paint the board a background color. (White for this deer.) Let dry.
- Google “deer silhouette”, pick your favorite, print and cut it out.
- Spray back of silhouette with craft spray adhesive.
- Apply silhouette to painted board. Press down edges well. (I failed at this so it’s not perfect…but made with love.)
- Use spray paint to cover board and silhouette (black for this deer).
- Let dry.
- Remove deer silhouette paper.
- Enjoy your
prettymanly art for your brother/dad/boyfriend/deer loving best friend.
It even looks kind of cute in my kitchen..
Are you a handmade gift giver? What’s the best handmade gift that you have received? Be sure to stop by NewlyWoodwards and check out the amazing handmade goodness!