Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Michelle’s Wish List

Do you have a hard time coming up with a holiday wish list for your family?  Or does your family not do that sort of thing?

Our families are list people.  I think lists can sometimes remove some of the thoughtfulness of gift giving but they do serve a purpose.  I would prefer to spend money on a item that I know a family member is going to like.  Such a conundrum.

Pinterest has made my wish list keeping a lot easier.  I see something I like, I pin it.  No more scrambling at the last minute to make a list.  Yay for something else promoting laziness on my part!

One of my favorite things about blogging is discovering new ideas/items/products that I didn’t know existed.  To pass on that helpfulness, here’s a CliffsNotes version of my 2011 Wish List.  Maybe you will come up with a gift idea or two…or just add to your own list!

Untitled-1 copypn

1. JCrew Lodge moccasins  2. Fossil Vintage Re-issue Weekender  3. Target Home Down Comforter  4. Q and A a Day: 5 Year Journal  5. Fiesta 4 piece Dinnerware Set (Black and Ivory)  6. West Elm Owl Measuring Cups  7. Ingrid Address Stamp by Lettergirl  8. Vintage Pyrex (photo source) 9. TOMS classic (Ash) 10. Anthropologie Petite Filigree Drops  11. Old Navy Military-Style Cardigan

(If you’re really bored, you can check out my full list here!)

Tomorrow I’ll share with you Nate’s list in case you are having trouble coming up with ideas for the dudes in your life!

Are you a wish list maker?  Or do you make the family guess? Any unique gift giving traditions? What’s the top item on your want list?  What gift idea are you most excited about giving (if you can share)?  How many more questions can I come up with?

18 comments:

  1. i can always come up with lots of things iw ould like or want.... but when it comes time to tell people what to get me i never say any of it because i can't justify the need so i tell them nothing. isn't that weird? and if i do tell them something i think of things i need... last year i got running clothes. i would have bought them anyhow but didn't want to spend the money. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a list maker too. Though all I have on my list at this point is trouser socks. :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a list gal! I have trouble telling people what I want. I need to get on that before I end up with an ugly Christmas sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I put my list on Pinterest this year, too! I tried to get my husband to do it, but he didn't seem too into it so I'm excited to see Nate's tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We always make lists for our family as well - but I agree - it does take some of the thoughtfulness out of the season. My list also featured Toms :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been using the Amazon Wish List function for years. And, I can add any product from any website to it. I do it mostly for myself, to make it easier to find the products again once pay day has come, but I always go through the list, add/delete things, and send it to my family for Christmas. I think giving people some ideas of what to get is essential if I don't want to end up with a bunch of nifty stuff I have no need of.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving the vintage Pyrex. And I'm also a Fiestaware lover. I have a ridiculous number of place settings.

    We are list people, too. It makes life easier, I say.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh. I love the Tom's canvas shoes and the owl measuring cups. I use Amazon wish list and then send it out to my family. It seems to work out pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My parents still have some of that vintage Pyrex from back when it wasn't vintage! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not a list maker, just because I would be constantly adding to it every minute or so. I do like some of the things on you list though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that weekender! I love vintage pyrex too-- the turquoise is my fave.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would DIE without lists. And LOVE ME some of that Fossil bag - just wish it was a tad smaller :-/ Looks like a great list!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmmm, adding my list to Pinterest- great idea!!! I have been eyeign the owl measurign cup for myself too (though not a 'need' item, but a 'it sooo cute' item). I look fwd to seeing the 'dude' list.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great list! I hope Santa takes care of it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That bag is FAB! I LOVE it. BTW, you can get a similar cardigan to that at Target today for only six bucks - shipped! Here's the details: http://www.southernsavers.com/2011/11/target-mossimo-cardigans-6-shipped/ (Got mine in green!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think your wish list is interesting - the moccasins look heavenly, the measuring cups are cute and I do love those earrings from Anthro...not a difficult list for the buyers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My blog has moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address.

If that does not occur, please visit http://www.decorandthedog.net'.