Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Sedona

Do you all remember when I told you that we went on vacation?…a month ago.  I finally have photos to prove it.  For real.  And who doesn’t love blogger vacation photos?

Our first stop in Arizona was Sedona. 

Arizona 643

Photos can not capture how amazing this place is.  I felt like I was in movie set the whole time we were there. Hence my movie star hipster pose.

Arizona 593

Arizona 584

Arizona 027

Arizona 041

Arizona 657

Where We Stayed:  We stayed in this condo. We like using VRBO for our vacations.  This 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo was $110/night which is cheaper than most hotels.  It was pretty horribly decorated but was clean and quiet.  We like the extra space that a condo offers.  It also allows us to eat in breakfast and lunch to help save a little extra cash. The condo also had a salt water pool.  We had the pool to ourselves most of the afternoon.  The owners were super easy to work with.  Thumbs up.

Where We Ate: We enjoyed suppers at Picazzos, Oak Creek Brew Co., and Plaza Bonita.  The food was delicious at all of them.  They all get great recommendations from us.  For whatever that is worth.

What We Did:  We hiked every morning.  We got up early to beat the heat.  We would hike until lunch time.  We would eat lunch in the condo.  Nap.  Swim in the pool.  Go out for supper.  Watch the sunset.  Sleep.  Repeat times 3 days.  Man, I miss vacation.  I’ll share more photos of our hikes in the next week or so.

We were warned that Sedona at the end of August/beginning of September would be extremely hot.  It was hot but not enough to limit us from doing the activities that we wanted.  We woke up early to hike and swam in the afternoon.  Take that heat.  We were also there during the beginning of a rainy season.  It rained each afternoon but we used that time to nap.  Take that rain.  The rain also lent itself to some fun photos.

Arizona 182_HDR

Arizona 184

Arizona 194

Arizona 208

This last photo reminds me.  The next time my brother joins us on vacation, he’s going to need to bring a girl.  Just saying. I can no longer spend a week as the third wheel. I’ll even host a blog giveaway for the position if needed.  You think I’m joking.

Have you been to Sedona?  Who’s up for being my brother’s next vacation date?

24 comments:

  1. I Los the first picture of the two o you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time i try to comment, it submit before I'm done. Anyhow. All these pictures are totally gorgeous. It's been years since I've been to Sedona, but I loved it. And I'd love to go back. The picture of your brother with his date cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I miss Sedona. That's a wicked picture with the storm cloud.

    ReplyDelete
  4. let me know where you are going next time and i can be your brother's date if it is somewhere i want to go. ;) gorgeous photos- it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! I love the rainbow photo and the storm one. We ALMOST went to Sedona a few months ago but then plane tickets spiked so we bailed. Now I wish we hadn't.

    ReplyDelete
  6. how old is your brother?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 28. Oh boy, am I going to get in trouble for this post.

      Delete
  7. This look gorgeous! You took some great photos and it sounds like you may have created a bit of a match.com profile for your brother ^^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos - and I love your green shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These photos are gorgeous! It's funny that you became the third wheel and not your brother. Men!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have not been to Sedona but now I want to go. I miss red rock country. Your pictures remind me of our vacation last year, which makes me want to go on that vacation again. Hi vacation, let's be friends.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! I'd like to nominate myself to win the extra vacation spot please.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That rain cloud looks crazy! A hiking vacation? Sounds like something I'd really enjoy... when our kids are old enough to not be carried all day :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Sedona.....great shots! I hope you did some shopping...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh man! That looks gorgeous! And sounds like a fabulous vacation! Hiking, eating, napping swimming and more eating = perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I mean, the photos are OK. The last few could use some lightening...

    I was just going to leave that but then people would think I was some mean person, when I'm actually retaliating for your comment on my blog this AM.

    But seriously, nice job Nate (because we know Michelle didn't take and edit these photos). Can't wait to see the rest of the vacation pics!

    My best friend is single and ready to mingle. How tall is your brother? She prefers her men 6'+.

    ReplyDelete
  16. pretty photos! I like your expression in the first pic. sooo cool.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, those photos are gorg! I absolutely love the first rainy one...so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are some gorgeous pictures.
    PS. I love your green shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sedona is on my must see places - after seeing your photos I'm even more determined to get there.

    ReplyDelete
  20. bahahaha your brother and a blog giveaway....

    ReplyDelete
  21. What gorgeous pictures !! Someday I would LOVE to visit Sedona:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I spent a night in Sedona about 15 years ago on a trip cross country. Your photos are way better than mine. I think I'll copy your photos, print them, and put them in my scrapbook. Noone will ever know.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My blog has moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address.

If that does not occur, please visit http://www.decorandthedog.net'.