Sunday, September 30, 2012

Meal Plan- Week of 9/30/12

It’s Sunday.  You know what that means?

If you’re Nate, it means laying on the couch and watching the Ryder cup ALL DAY LONG.  If you’re me, it means you’re the Governor of Getting It Done.  Seriously.  I deserve an award for my productiveness today.

If you’re Ike, it means Boxelder bug watching.  It’s his newest favorite pastime.

image

It also means it’s time for a meal plan.  Get excited.

Sunday: 

Mexican Chicken.  We’ve made this before.  It’s pretty much amazing.  And I don’t generally like Mexican food.  We ate at a Mexican restaurant last night with friends. I ordered chicken strips.  True story.  But this, this is good.

Monday:

Paprika Chicken and Hashbrowns

  • 1 Tbsp butter
  • 2/3 c. Bisquick
  • 1 1/2 tsp. paprika
  • 1 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
  • Chicken breasts (We make two and there is extra seasoning.  This recipe would probably coat 4 chicken breasts.)
  • Heat over to 425.  Melt butter in a baking dish in the oven.  Stir together Bisquick, paprika, salt, and pepper.  Coat chicken.  Place chicken in pan with melted butter.  Bake 20-25 minutes.  Turn about half way through.

Tuesday:

Chicken ravioli (We didn’t end up eating this last week.  Life happened.  It’s okay. We still ate in.)

Wednesday:

Pumpkin Oatmeal Pancakes  (Thanks, Michelle!)

Thursday:

Loaded Baked Potato Soup

As always, feel free to e-mail me with your favorite recipes. (decorandthedog (at) gmail)  I’ll be sure to share some link love! 

4 comments:

  1. I pinned the Mexican chicken recipe a week or so ago. Since it has your stamp of approval I might try it this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mexican chicken and loaded baked potato soup sound seriously delicious! Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ate pumpkin oatmeal pancakes at Perkins on Friday night. They had cinnamon whipped cream on top. Seriously amazing. Plus, I know how jealous you get when we eat at Perkins. It was obviously Natalie's pick (as usual...) :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hubby is SO jealous of Nate. We were at our Godson's christening for most of the day, so he missed the Ryder Cup and was not a happy camper.

    As for the food...it all sounds delish! I really want to try the Mexican chicken.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My blog has moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address.

If that does not occur, please visit http://www.decorandthedog.net'.