Thursday, July 19, 2012

Recovery + Dove Toning Body Wash + Coupon For You

I have to admit something to you all.  I’m in recovery.  It’s been a long road but I’m willing to share with you all today. I am a former beauty product junky.

I’d walk into any big box store and be immediately drawn to the aisles of make-up, body wash, shampoos, and lotions.  The brightly colored packages and pretty new scents sucked me in every time.

I’d have battles with myself.  Self, you do realize that you have a PharmD.  You know there is no way possible for a shampoo to make your hair grow 16 times faster than a regular shampoo in one week.  I know but I am currently rocking a lame in between look.  I will try anything.

Photo: I've died and gone to Pyrex heaven http://instagr.am/p/NEaBi5y3ir/
Lame in between hair style.

About a year ago I realized how much money I was wasting on these new products.  I would buy the new product and not finish the ones I had at home.  It was a vicious cycle.  There were bottles and bottles of half empty products taking up space in my bathroom. I decided to make a change.  I packaged the partial bottles up and donated them to a local women’s shelter.  I was only going to buy a new product when I needed it.  I could not open that product until the old one was finished. 

I have been very diligent about not breaking my new rule. I’ve become pretty brand loyal and less wasteful in the process.  But deep down, I’m still a product junky.

Imagine my surprise when I opened a package in the mail and it contained Dove’s VisibleCare Toning Body Wash.

dovetoningbodywash

Mmmm, new body wash.   Look at that new packaging.  A soothing spa green with a slight ombre finish.  A promise of “visibly more beautiful skin in just one week.”  A nice, light scent.

I was excited to try the body wash out.  It is part of a revolutionary line of body washes from Dove.  The toning body wash is designed to helps promote skin’s elasticity and strength.  I’m trying very hard to take good care of my skin while I’m younger…ish.  I didn’t do so well in my 20’s so I’m trying hard to make up for it in my 30’s.  Toning may not be highest on my list of concerns right now but it’s always good to get a jump on things!

The thought of using a new body wash was extra motivation for my nightly work out.  I was a little nervous though.  What if I didn’t like it? I try very hard to keep my reviews honest.  And that “visibly more beautiful skin in just one week” promise had me a little nervous.  Can a body wash really do that?

I was surprised at how soft my skin was after just one shower.  I’m serious.  It was crazy. The body wash has a nice silky feel and lathers up well.   I don’t feel the need for lotion after using this body wash.  I’ve been using more natural products but this body wash will be making a repeat appearance in my shower.  I feel that it will be especially useful during those dry winter months!

Although I no longer feel the need to buy every new product that comes out, I will definitely be more tempted to check out Dove's body washes...but only after I finish the one I have at home!

Want to try one out one of Dove's Visible Care body washes for yourself?  (They also have a Renewing Body Wash that nourishes and replenishes skin and a Softening Body Wash that softens skin and dry spots.) Here's a link for a coupon!


Visit Dove® VisibleCare® to get a coupon for $1 off!

You can also enter to win a spa gift certificate.  Remember your favorite blogger when you win. ;)

Are you a product junky?  Do those pretty packages and new scents get you every time?  What's your favorite "me time" product?

Enter to win one of two $500 Spafinder gift certificates!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
COMMENTS TO THIS POST ARE NOT SWEEPSTAKES ENTRIES. PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR ENTRY METHODS FOR THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
a) Follow this link, and provide your email address and your response to the Promotion prompt
b) Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: "#SweepstakesEntry"; and then visit this link to provide your email address and the URL to that Tweet.
c) Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and then visit this link to provide your email address and the URL to that post.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. Winners will have 72 hours to claim the prize, or an alternative winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 7/18/2012 - 8/22/2012
Be sure to visit the Dove® VisibleCare™ Crème Body Wash brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ reviews and find more chances to win!

9 comments:

  1. haha i love this. I am also guilty of buying product after product, drives my fiance nuts!
    http://coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I glanced at the Facebook Thumbail for this post I thought it was one of those pregnancy test pee sticks, oops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm seeing this stuff everywhere! Must really work. :) If you want to grow your hair faster, I recommend Biotin. I've taken it twice before after chopping my hair off in moments of insanity and it's made my hair grow twice as fast in a short amount of time! No kidding. Plus your nails get stronger and your lashes thicken. Love it. Here's what I use:

    Biosil on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/BIOSIL-NFS-39184-1oz-30ml/dp/B000CLAI7C

    But you can also get it at a health food store. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been one to use a lot of product, but I hate using lotion after I shower (makes me feel sticky) so this may be perfect for me! Yay for coupons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm exactly the same way! For years after I moved out of my parents house, my mom would raid what she called "Maury's Beauty Store" aka my bathroom closet that had all most half-empty bottles in there. She was kinda bummed when she had to start buying product again. I've been much better in the past couple of years about forcing myself to finish what I have but I still fall off the wagon every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am an the total opposite - I don't own any make up or body products except the necessities and what I do 'splurge' on I often forget to use on a regular basis (For example, I bought some hair products quite a while ago and I don't think I am even halfway through the bottles!)
    However, I do love Dove's products. You can't seem to go wrong with them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I just say I love the new header? I love the new header.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was a product junkie in my pre-mortgage days....I was always a sucker for the lancome and clinique "free" gift with purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This afternoon, my new Lowepro camera bag should arrive from Amazon. Last night, I ended up bringing home a bottle of Dove Toning Bath Wash. Blog reading is turning into an expensive habit! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My blog has moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address.

If that does not occur, please visit http://www.decorandthedog.net'.