Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Addictive Crunch

It’s time for another deliciously healthy recipe from Decor and the Dog.

I was responsible for Treat Day last Friday.  I feel that every day is treat day at work.  Birthdays, holidays, Fridays of pay week, Flag day, etc.  but that’s besides the point.

I am always in need of a recipe for a quick treat.

One recipe that never fails me is Addictive Crunch.  It’s from Nate’s mom.  And it’s fabulous.  Can you go wrong with cereal covered in a sugary/buttery mixture?

122pn

Addictive Crunch:

  • 12 oz. Crispix
  • 1 can peanuts
  • 1 1/2 c. brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 sticks butter
  • 1/3 c. white Karo syrup

Mix brown sugar, butter, and karo syrup in a microwave safe bowl.  Bring to a boil.  Add 1/8 tsp. baking soda.

Pour over cereal and nuts.  (I place this mixture 9 x 13 casserole dish.)  Microwave for 5 minutes, stirring every minute.  Spread evenly on waxed paper or aluminum foil to cool.  Eat up!

I usually take this and Puppy Chow on the same day.  I bring cups for my employees to place the treats in.  What boss wants their employees hanging out in the break room all day?  I’m all about increasing productivity.

What’s your favorite quick treat recipe?  Do share!

Linking up to: Remodelaholic

5 comments:

  1. That looks crazy tasty! I just may have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't make this. I'll eat it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh. my. i'm glad you are not my boss, i would gain 50 lbs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. NO you can't go wrong. Love this stuff. And we almost got married on June 14 (Flag Day) and that's when I learned that Flag Day was even a holiday. Apparently my elementary school missed the boat on that one? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this about a week and a half ago. Buttery, sweet, salty, crunchy. Yeah. I never stood a chance with it. It was gone in days. All of it. I'm holding you personally accountable for this week's weight jump at the dr office lol!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My blog has moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address.

If that does not occur, please visit http://www.decorandthedog.net'.