This is the room where we spend most of our time watching tv, reading, blogging, napping, etc....
you know, living.....in the living room....
When planning this room I wanted something that looked like grown-ups lived in the house (even though they don't) but was still warm and inviting.
Please note the dog located in his usual position...
|View from the front door|
|View from the kitchen/eating area|
- Wall color: Macademia (Sherwin Williams)
- Furniture: Ethan Allen Retreat sofa, love seat, and chair
- (This was before I knew furniture shouldn't be so matchy-matchy but matchy-matchy it is. I kind of like matchy in certain rooms...like this one...because I have no choice...)
- Shelves: JCPenney Leaning Shelf
- Coffee table and end table: American Furniture
- Rug: Pottery Barn rug bought at Tuesday Morning for over half off (BONUS!)
- Accessories on shelves: thrift stores, Gordman's, gifts, TJMaxx, Marshall's
We do eventually plan to add built-in shelves and a fancy-schmancy mantle but that is a ways away (pesky student loans) and I am always changing out pillows and accessories on the shelves but overall...done...sort of...
What are your opinions on matchy-matchy furniture?
Linking up to:
Thrifty Decor Chick